Storing data in the cloud has grown in popularity over the last decade. Benefits of using the cloud are numerous, including a greater flexibility in delivering IT services, increased speed in completing tasks and greater overall efficiency. Other benefits of cloud storage include:
- Cost Savings – companies using cloud storage avoid the capital expense of purchasing new storage equipment.
- Security – in particular in private cloud environments, security is no longer an issue for cloud storage.
- Data Retention – by storing data in the cloud, companies avoid the need to maintain support contracts and hardware updates for physical servers over the lifecycle of the data. Cloud storage satisfies a company’s data retention policies for less money and less hassle overall.
- Scalability – storage capacity is easier to add with a cloud storage solution as it is unlikely to involve hardware purchase.
- Disaster Recovery – it is highly likely if using a cloud storage provider data in the cloud will already be protected and so readily recovered should there be any issues.
For more information on cloud storage solutions contact the team at Servers and Storage.